This book covers a wide range of advanced analytical tools, from electrochemical to in-situ/ex-situ material characterization techniques, as well as the modeling of corrosion systems to foster understanding and prediction. When used properly, these tools can enrich our understanding of material performance (metallic materials, coatings, inhibitors) in various environments/contexts (aqueous corrosion, high-temperature corrosion). The book encourages researchers to develop new corrosion-resistant materials and supports them in devising suitable asset integrity strategies.Offering a valuable resource for researchers, industry professionals, and graduate students alike, the book shows them how to apply these valuable analytical tools in their work.
Bibliographical notePublisher Copyright:
© The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2022.
- Bi-polar Electrochemistry
- Corrosion Modeling of Electrochemical System
- In-situ Photoelectrochemistry
- Inhibitor and Coating Performance Evaluation
- Localized Corrosion and Passivity
- Spectroscopic and Microscopic Techniques
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- General Engineering
- General Materials Science